One With Courage Campaign
2013 Brazoria County Statistics
522 Confirmed victims of child abuse/neglect
1 death as a result of child abuse/neglect
269 children were under the legal care of Department of Family & Protective Services
342 Forensic Interviews conducted at Brazoria County Alliance for Children
118 Medical Exams conducted at Brazoria County Alliance for Children
The mission of Brazoria County Alliance for Children is to provide services and meet the needs of abused and neglected children by partnering with law enforcement and other social service providers within Brazoria County.
Knowing that there are sensitive, responsive adults who will help makes all the difference in the world to children who have been abused or neglected.
Brazoria County Alliance for Children (BCAC) provides a multidisciplinary team approach to child abuse investigations. We are professionals who recognize the hurt of abuse and neglect and who are dedicated to providing help and protection, while minimizing further trauma.
The primary goals of BCAC are:
- To reduce the trauma to child victims when they are involved in the investigative and judicial processes
- To promote emotional healing so victims and non-offending family members may lead healthy and productive lives
- To keep our communities safe by holding offenders accountable for crimes against children
The approach to investigating, prosecuting and treating child abuse and neglect in our county should be a coordinated and collaborative effort that minimizes trauma, initiates healing and holds offenders accountable.
Brazoria County Alliance for Children provides an array of services designed to meet the physical and emotional needs of abused and neglected children, their siblings and non-offending caregivers.
Brazoria County Alliance for Children, Inc. provides:
- Coordination of team child abuse investigations
- Crisis Intervention
- Volunteer Services
- Electronically recorded forensic interviews
- On-site medical exams
- Mental Health Services
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Assistance with Crime Victims Compensation
- Case Review Team Meetings
- Community & First Responder Training
- Support for children and families in the foster care system
- Support for our Community Partners Program [READ MORE…]